* Copyright 2011-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License").
* You may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* A copy of the License is located at
* or in the "license" file accompanying this file. This file is distributed
* on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either
* express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing
* permissions and limitations under the License.
Bucket website configuration allows you to host your static websites entirely out of Amazon S3. To host your website in Amazon S3, create a bucket, upload your files, and configure it as a website. Once your bucket has been configured as a website, you can access all your content via the Amazon S3 website endpoint. To ensure that the existing Amazon S3 REST API will continue to behave the same, regardless of whether or not your bucket has been configured to host a website, a new HTTP endpoint has been introduced where you can access your content. The bucket content you want to make available via the website must be publicly readable.
For more information on how to host a website on Amazon S3, see:.
This operation requires the
S3:GetBucketWebsite permission. By
default, only the bucket owner can read the bucket website configuration.
However, bucket owners can allow other users to read the website
configuration by writing a bucket policy granting them the
bucketNameThe name of the bucket whose website configuration is being retrieved.