* Copyright 2012 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"). You may not
* use this file except in compliance with the License. A copy of the License is
* located at
* or in the "license" file accompanying this file. This file is distributed on
* an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either
* express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing
* permissions and limitations under the License.
<> The result type returned by this Promise's get method. Use
to represent Promise that indicates completion of operation that doesn't return a value.
method assuming that promise was passed to the Task as a constructor parameter.
Promise is not linked to error handling like Future is. In case of exceptions
they are propagated to the
that owns the asynchronous task that failed.
for more info on the error handling.
For promises that don't need a value and just used to ensure correct ordering
of asynchronous operations the common pattern to use
java.lang.IllegalStateExceptionif result of your asynchronous computation is not available yet
The same as
<> Type of value
valueObject to return when get() is called