* Copyright (C) 2012 DataStax Inc.
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
distancemethod). The distance assigned to an host influences how many connections the driver maintains towards this host. If for a given host the assigned
REMOTE, some connections will be maintained by the driver to this host. More active connections will be kept to
LOCALhost than to a
REMOTEone (and thus well behaving
LoadBalancingPolicyshould assign a
REMOTEdistance only to hosts that are the less often queried).
However, if a host is assigned the distance
IGNORED, no connection
to that host will maintained active. In other words,
be assigned to hosts that should not be used by this driver (because they
are in a remote datacenter for instance).