* Copyright 2012 Google Inc.
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not
* use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of
* the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT
* WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the
* License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under
* the License.
This is an experimental feature
Because this feature is still in development in some browsers, check the for the proper prefixes to use in various browsers.
interface is based on
Blob, inheriting blob functionality and expanding it to support files on the user's system.
An easy way to construct a
Blob is by using the
interface, which lets you iteratively append data to a blob, then retrieve the completed blob when you're ready to use it for something. Another way is to use the
slice() method to create a blob that contains a subset of another blob's data.
slice()method has vendor prefixes:
blob.mozSlice()for Firefox and
blob.webkitSlice()for Chrome. An old version of the
slice()method, without vendor prefixes, had different semantics, as described below.