* Copyright 2012 Google Inc.
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not
* use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of
* the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT
* WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the
* License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under
* the License.
A processing instruction provides an opportunity for application-specific instructions to be embedded within XML and which can be ignored by XML processors which do not support processing their instructions (outside of their having a place in the DOM).
A Processing instruction is distinct from awhich is used for other information about the document such as encoding and which appear (if it does) as the first item in the document.
User-defined processing instructions cannot begin with 'xml', as these are reserved (e.g., as used in <??>).
Also inherits methods and properties from.