* Copyright 2012 Google Inc.
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not
* use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of
* the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT
* WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the
* License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under
* the License.
In the, the Text interface represents the textual content of an or . If an element has no markup within its content, it has a single child implementing Text that contains the element's text. However, if the element contains markup, it is parsed into information items and Text nodes that form its children.
New documents have a single Text node for each block of text. Over time, more Text nodes may be created as the document's content changes. The
Node.normalize() method merges adjacent Text objects back into a single node for each block of text.
Text also implements theinterface (which implements the Node interface).