* Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
* contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with
* this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
* The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
* (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
getTimeto retrieve the daytime string, then call
closeto close the connection properly. Unlike
, successive calls to
getTimeare permitted without re-establishing a connection. That is because UDP is a connectionless protocol and the Daytime protocol is stateless.
// Received dates should be less than 256 bytes
hostThe address of the server.
portThe port of the service.
java.io.IOExceptionIf an error occurs while retrieving the time.
return new String(receivePacket.getData(), 0, receivePacket.getLength(), getCharsetName()); // Java 1.6 can use getCharset()