* Copyright 2007 Daniel Spiewak
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
A super-interface designed to allow auto-generated values to be inserted into database fields on INSERT. Potentially, this could be expanded to also include on UPDATE functionality, but for the moment it only handles on entity creation (INSERT). Implementations are assumed to be completely stateless and thus thread-safe.
The type parameter represents the return type of the method which does the actual generation.
EntityManagerinstance is only intended to ensure various field constraints (such as uniqueness for primary keys). Great care should be taken with performing such operations, as the value generation method needs to be extremely efficient.
managerAn instance to gain read access to the database.