* Copyright 2007 Daniel Spiewak
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
Specifies a default value for the database field corresponding to the tagged method. This default value will be used at INSERT, usually automatically by the database. If the database does not provide a DEFAULT modifier for fields, the value will be injected into any INSERT statement, ensuring it is indeed the default value for the field in question.
Do NOT use an empty string as a default value, as this is not supported by some databases and will cause SQLExceptions (e.g. MS SQL)