* Copyright 2007 Daniel Spiewak
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
Marks the corresponding database field as requiring database indexing.
This is different from the full-text search capabilities provided by Lucene
in that the indexing is actually handled within the database itself. For
full-text search configuration, see the
From a design standpoint, this annotation should be used quite sparingly.
Any foreign key in an entity is already indexed (as enforced by AO
migrations). Thus, use should be limited to fields against which queries
will often be run (e.g.
people.last_name and so on).
This annotation is only relevant to migrations. It has no effect upon "runtime" entity usage.