* Firebird Open Source J2ee connector - jdbc driver
* Distributable under LGPL license.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lgpl.html
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* LGPL License for more details.
* This file was created by members of the firebird development team.
* All individual contributions remain the Copyright (C) of those
* individuals. Contributors to this file are either listed here or
* can be obtained from a CVS history command.
* All rights reserved.
instances. Motivation for separating pool configuration into interface is quite simple, it allows third-party applications to load configuration from various sources (resource bundle, XML file, etc.).
can block. By default method blocks forever.
indicates blocking forever.
indicates that idle connections are not removed.
trueif pooling is enabled.
trueif prepared statement pooling is enabled.
Examples of ping SQL statements:
"SELECT CAST(1 AS INTEGER) FROM DUAL"
"SELECT CAST(1 AS INTEGER) FROM RDB$DATABASE"