* Copyright 2014 Attila Szegedi, Daniel Dekany, Jonathan Revusky
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
namethe name of the sought template, including the locale decorations.
prefixthe path prefix to canonicalize
// make it foolproof
// ensure there's a trailing slash
prefix += "/";
will be called, and with what value. By default this is
null; see the behavior then below. The recommended value is
false, so that FreeMarker can always reliably detect when a template was changed. The default is
nullonly for backward compatibility, and certainly will be changed to
falsein 2.4.0. As FreeMarker has its own template cache with its own update delay setting (
), setting this to
falseshouldn't cause performance problems.
null value: By default then
won't be called,
and so the default of the
subclass will be in effect (usually
true). That's the
2.3.0-compatible mode. However, if
is at least 2.3.21, then
Configuration.getTemplate is used,
null will mean
false. Note that this 2.3.21 trick
only works if the template is loaded through