* Copyright (c) 2007, The JASYPT team (http://www.jasypt.org)
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
Determines if the digests and encrypted messages created with a specific salt generator will include (prepended) the unencrypted salt itself, so that it can be used for matching and decryption operations.
Generally, including the salt unencrypted in encryption results will be mandatory for randomly generated salts, or for those generated in a non-predictable manner. Otherwise, digest matching and decryption operations will always fail. For fixed salts, inclusion will be optional (and in fact undesirable if we want to hide the salt value).