* Copyright (c) 2000 World Wide Web Consortium,
* (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Institut National de
* Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique, Keio University). All
* Rights Reserved. This program is distributed under the W3C's Software
* Intellectual Property License. This program is distributed in the
* hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even
* the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* See W3C License http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ for more details.
MouseEventinterface provides specific contextual information associated with Mouse events.
detail attribute inherited from
indicates the number of times a mouse button has been pressed and
released over the same screen location during a user action. The
attribute value is 1 when the user begins this action and increments by 1
for each full sequence of pressing and releasing. If the user moves the
mouse between the mousedown and mouseup the value will be set to 0,
indicating that no click is occurring.
In the case of nested elements mouse events are always targeted at the most deeply nested element. Ancestors of the targeted element may use bubbling to obtain notification of mouse events which occur within its descendent elements.
See also the.
buttonis used to indicate which mouse button changed state. The values for
buttonrange from zero to indicate the left button of the mouse, one to indicate the middle button if present, and two to indicate the right button. For mice configured for left handed use in which the button actions are reversed the values are instead read from right to left.
initMouseEventmethod is used to initialize the value of a
MouseEventcreated through the
DocumentEventinterface. This method may only be called before the
MouseEventhas been dispatched via the
dispatchEventmethod, though it may be called multiple times during that phase if necessary. If called multiple times, the final invocation takes precedence.
typeArgSpecifies the event type.
canBubbleArgSpecifies whether or not the event can bubble.
cancelableArgSpecifies whether or not the event's default action can be prevented.
Event's mouse click count.
Event's screen x coordinate
Event's screen y coordinate
Event's client x coordinate
Event's client y coordinate
ctrlKeyArgSpecifies whether or not control key was depressed during the
altKeyArgSpecifies whether or not alt key was depressed during the
shiftKeyArgSpecifies whether or not shift key was depressed during the
metaKeyArgSpecifies whether or not meta key was depressed during the
Event's mouse button.