* DO NOT ALTER OR REMOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICES OR THIS HEADER.
* Copyright (c) 1997-2010 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
* The contents of this file are subject to the terms of either the GNU
* General Public License Version 2 only ("GPL") or the Common Development
* and Distribution License("CDDL") (collectively, the "License"). You
* may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can
* obtain a copy of the License at
* or packager/legal/LICENSE.txt. See the License for the specific
* language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
* When distributing the software, include this License Header Notice in each
* file and include the License file at packager/legal/LICENSE.txt.
* GPL Classpath Exception:
* Oracle designates this particular file as subject to the "Classpath"
* exception as provided by Oracle in the GPL Version 2 section of the License
* file that accompanied this code.
* If applicable, add the following below the License Header, with the fields
* enclosed by brackets  replaced by your own identifying information:
* "Portions Copyright [year] [name of copyright owner]"
* If you wish your version of this file to be governed by only the CDDL or
* only the GPL Version 2, indicate your decision by adding "[Contributor]
* elects to include this software in this distribution under the [CDDL or GPL
* Version 2] license." If you don't indicate a single choice of license, a
* recipient has the option to distribute your version of this file under
* either the CDDL, the GPL Version 2 or to extend the choice of license to
* its licensees as provided above. However, if you add GPL Version 2 code
* and therefore, elected the GPL Version 2 license, then the option applies
* only if the new code is made subject to such option by the copyright
A NavigationHandler is passed the outcome string returned by an application action invoked for this application, and will use this (along with related state information) to choose the view to be displayed next.
A default implementation of
NavigationHandler must be
provided by the JSF implementation, which will be utilized unless
setNavigationHandler() is called to establish a different one.
of this class must be thread-safe.
This default instance will compare the view identifier of the current
view, the specified action binding, and the specified outcome against
any navigation rules provided in
If a navigation case matches, the current view will be changed by a call
FacesContext.setViewRoot(). Note that a
outcome value will never match any navigation rule, so it can be used as an
indicator that the current view should be redisplayed.
processing based on the state information in the specified
, plus the outcome string returned by an executed
If the implementation class also
, the implementation
must guarantee that the logic used in a call to
is used in this
method to determine the correct navigation.
This method must set the render targets
(used in partial rendering) to
if the view identifier has changed as the result of an application
action (to take into account
for the current request
fromActionThe action binding expression that was evaluated to retrieve the specified outcome, or
nullif the outcome was acquired by some other means
outcomeThe logical outcome returned by a previous invoked application action (which may be