* Copyright 2001-2005 Stephen Colebourne
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
Application users will rarely use this class directly. Instead, you
will use one of the factory classes to create a
If it fails, the return value is negative, but the period may still be modified. To determine the position where the parse failed, apply the one's complement operator (~) on the return value.
perioda period that will be modified
periodStrtext to parse
positionposition to start parsing from
localethe locale to use for parsing
java.lang.IllegalArgumentExceptionif any field is out of range