* Copyright (C) 2009 The Guava Authors
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
import static com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull;
instances. This class should be used when more than one escaper is created using the same character replacement mapping to allow the underlying (implementation specific) data structures to be shared.
The size of the data structure used by ArrayBasedCharEscaper and ArrayBasedUnicodeEscaper is proportional to the highest valued character that has a replacement. For example a replacement map containing the single character '\u1000' will require approximately 16K of memory. As such sharing this data structure between escaper instances is the primary goal of this class.
// The underlying replacement array we can share between multiple escaper
// Returns the non-null array of replacements for fast lookup.
// Creates a replacement array from the given map. The returned array is a
// linear lookup table of replacement character sequences indexed by the
// original character value.
char replacements = new char[max + 1];
// Immutable empty array for when there are no replacements.