* Copyright 2006-2007 the original author or authors.
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
Basic interface for generic output operations. Class implementing this interface will be responsible for serializing objects as necessary. Generally, it is responsibility of implementing class to decide which technology to use for mapping and how it should be configured.
The write method is responsible for making sure that any internal buffers are flushed. If a transaction is active it will also usually be necessary to discard the output on a subsequent rollback. The resource to which the writer is sending data should normally be able to handle this itself.
java.lang.Exceptionif there are errors. The framework will catch the exception and convert or rethrow it as appropriate.