* Copyright (c) 2004 World Wide Web Consortium,
* (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, European Research Consortium for
* Informatics and Mathematics, Keio University). All Rights Reserved. This
* work is distributed under the W3C(r) Software License  in the hope that
* it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
* warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
*  http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-software-20021231
XPathNamespaceinterface is returned by
XPathResultinterfaces to represent the XPath namespace node type that DOM lacks. There is no public constructor for this node type. Attempts to place it into a hierarchy or a NamedNodeMap result in a
DOMExceptionwith the code
HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR. This node is read only, so methods or setting of attributes that would mutate the node result in a DOMException with the code
The core specification describes attributes of the
interface that are different for different node types but does not
XPATH_NAMESPACE_NODE, so here is a description of
those attributes for this node type. All attributes of
not described in this section have a
ownerDocument matches the
ownerDocument of the
ownerElement even if the element is later adopted.
nodeName is always the string "
prefix is the prefix of the namespace represented by the
localName is the same as
nodeType is equal to
namespaceURI is the namespace URI of the namespace
represented by the node.
nodeValue is the same as
importNode fail on this node type by raising a
DOMException with the code
Note: In future versions of the XPath specification, the definition of a namespace node may be changed incomatibly, in which case incompatible changes to field values may be required to implement versions beyond XPath 1.0.
See also the.