* Copyright (c) 2004 World Wide Web Consortium,
* (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, European Research Consortium for
* Informatics and Mathematics, Keio University). All Rights Reserved. This
* work is distributed under the W3C(r) Software License  in the hope that
* it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
* warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
*  http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-software-20021231
doctypeattribute whose value is either
DocumentTypeinterface in the DOM Core provides an interface to the list of entities that are defined for the document, and little else because the effect of namespaces and the various XML schema efforts on DTD representation are not clearly understood as of this writing.
DOM Level 3 doesn't support editing
DocumentType nodes are read-only.
See also the.
NamedNodeMapcontaining the general entities, both external and internal, declared in the DTD. Parameter entities are not contained. Duplicates are discarded. For example in:
<!DOCTYPE ex SYSTEM "ex.dtd" [ <!ENTITY foo "foo"> <!ENTITY bar "bar"> <!ENTITY bar "bar2"> <!ENTITY % baz "baz"> ]> <ex/>the interface provides access to
fooand the first declaration of
barbut not the second declaration of
baz. Every node in this map also implements the
entitiescannot be altered in any way.
nullif there is none. This is does not contain the delimiting square brackets.
Note: The actual content returned depends on how much information is available to the implementation. This may vary depending on various parameters, including the XML processor used to build the document.