* JBoss, Home of Professional Open Source
* Copyright 2006, Red Hat Middleware LLC, and individual contributors
* as indicated by the @author tags.
* See the copyright.txt in the distribution for a
* full listing of individual contributors.
* This copyrighted material is made available to anyone wishing to use,
* modify, copy, or redistribute it subject to the terms and conditions
* of the GNU Lesser General Public License, v. 2.1.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT A
* WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
* PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License,
* v.2.1 along with this distribution; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston,
* MA 02110-1301, USA.
* (C) 2005-2006,
* @author JBoss Inc.
* Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000,
* Arjuna Solutions Limited,
* Newcastle upon Tyne,
* Tyne and Wear,
* $Id: TwoPhaseOutcome.java 2342 2006-03-30 13:06:17Z $
* If Java had proper reference parameter passing and/or allowed
* the wrappers for basic types to modify the contents, then we
* would not have to do this! This class should only be an "enum".
// TODO this needs extending so that one-phase can return rollback directly.
public static final int PREPARE_READONLY = 2; // only used to read the state, so no need for second phase
public static final int HEURISTIC_ROLLBACK = 3; // after prepare decided to roll back without waiting for coordinator
public static final int HEURISTIC_COMMIT = 4; // after prepare decided to commit without waiting for coordinator
public static final int HEURISTIC_MIXED = 5; // after prepare some sub-participants committed and some rolled back without waiting for coordinator
public static final int HEURISTIC_HAZARD = 6; // after prepare some sub-participants committed, some rolled back and some we don't know
public static final int FINISH_ERROR = 8; // there was a failure during the second phase and we should retry later (not necessarily a heuristic)
public static final int NOT_PREPARED = 9; // participant told to do second phase operation when it hadn't seen the first phase
public static final int ONE_PHASE_ERROR = 10; // WARNING this has different meanings depending upon nested or top-level usage.