* The contents of this file are subject to the terms
* of the Common Development and Distribution License
* (the "License"). You may not use this file except
* in compliance with the License.
* You can obtain a copy of the license at
* glassfish/bootstrap/legal/CDDLv1.0.txt or
* See the License for the specific language governing
* permissions and limitations under the License.
* When distributing Covered Code, include this CDDL
* HEADER in each file and include the License file at
* glassfish/bootstrap/legal/CDDLv1.0.txt. If applicable,
* add the following below this CDDL HEADER, with the
* fields enclosed by brackets "" replaced with your
* own identifying information: Portions Copyright [yyyy]
* [name of copyright owner]
* Copyright 2005-2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
import static java.lang.annotation.ElementType.*;
Even though this annotation is not marked Inherited, deployment tools are required to examine all superclasses of any component class to discover all uses of this annotation in all superclasses. All such annotation instances specify resources that are needed by the application component. Note that this annotation may appear on private fields and methods of superclasses; the container is required to perform injection in these cases as well.
nameelement or defaulted, is a name that is local to the application component using the resource. (It's a name in the JNDI
java:comp/envnamespace.) Many application servers provide a way to map these local names to names of resources known to the application server. This mapped name is often a global JNDI name, but may be a name of any form.
Application servers are not required to support any particular form or type of mapped name, nor the ability to use mapped names. The mapped name is product-dependent and often installation-dependent. No use of a mapped name is portable.