* JBoss, Home of Professional Open Source
* Copyright 2010, Red Hat, Inc., and individual contributors
* by the @authors tag. See the copyright.txt in the distribution for a
* full listing of individual contributors.
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
Service interface implemented by extensions. An extension is a service provider declared in META-INF/services.
Service providers may have observer methods, which may observe any event,
including any container lifecycle event, and obtain an injected
The container instantiates a single instance of each extension at the beginning of the application initialization process and maintains a reference to it until the application shuts down. The container delivers event notifications to this instance by calling its observer methods.
Service providers are made available for injection as beans with the qualifier